SCIL is a consumer controlled organization with at least 51% of staff and board members comprised of people with disabilities.
Information & Referral Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer phone, directing callers to appropriate staff and resources within the agency and information and referral in the community.
- Greet consumers, potential consumers, and visitors and provide initial information.
- Inform staff when a potential consumer arrives and needs assistance.
- Ensure that office equipment, supplies and facility are well maintained, and system kept up to date.
- Maintains data in COMs on consumers or others that request assistance.
- Acquire information about, share, and make referrals to community resources.
- Handle, respond to, and follow-up with individuals who contact SCIL for disability-related questions, concerns, or issues, and complete requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two years of experience in an agency/organization that provides human services to the community understanding and embracing Independent Living Philosophy and disability culture.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Demonstrate a conceptual and working knowledge of the varied aspects of the IL philosophy and the empowerment of persons with disabilities to achieve their personalized goals to maximize quality of life.
- Ability providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to engage multitask concurrently.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a wide variety of people in dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Qualified candidates should email resume, by noon May 4th, 2021, to: email@example.com
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you have the need for accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact us to make appropriate arrangements.
SCIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.