Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc.
Hearing loss doesn’t have to mean isolation. Special equipment, including phones that amplify sound, alert when the phone rings, caption and more, is loaned on a long-term basis at no charge to Florida residents who are certified as hard of hearing, deaf, deaf/blind or speech impaired.
This program loans special telephone equipment to Floridians who are Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Deaf/Blind or Speech Impaired for as long as they need it. Using this phone equipment helps people communicate more easily.
What Equipment if Loaned?
- Phones that amplify incoming sound
- Devices that alert you when the phone rings
- Captioned telephones
- Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDD/TTY)
- Braille TTY for Deaf/Blind Individuals
- Phones that amplify outgoing speech
Who is Eligible?
- Permanent Florida Residents
- Age 3 or older
- Certified as Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Deaf/Blind or Speech Impaired
For more information and to schedule an appointment, please contact Fabiola Sannon, SCIL FTRI Specialist at (941) 351-9545.